General Submission Guidelines
AUCD Policy Talk is looking for:
- Submissions by anyone who identifies as a person with a disability or family member, AUCD Network member, current or former Emerging Leaders (Trainees) including those hoping to share a story about the impact of policy in their lives. We also will occasionally publish work by featured guests.
- Writing from the lived experience of disability and disability policy
- We are open for submissions year-round.
- Standard response time is two weeks.
- We will accept work that might have already been published in another newsletter
- Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org after reading the blog specific guidelines (see below).
- Authors and photographers have rights. Please credit us if your work is republished, and please be sure to let us know so we can celebrate your achievements!
- With the publication of each issue, we will feature our blog writers via Facebook, Twitter, and our newsletter.
We seek posts for our AUCD Policy Talk site. Send submissions to
We’re looking for 250 – to 800-word (about 1 – 4 pages double-spaced) posts with a title that excites, educates, and shares others about disability policy in action. Any references to policies, research, or additional materials can and should be included by attachments or website links. Include a brief bio, picture with image description, and social media accounts for yourself and your Center (if affiliated with one).
Some possible topics to consider include competitive integrated employment, transition from sheltered workshop to competitive integrated employment, restraint and seclusion in schools, long-term services and supports, Medicare for All, etc. See sample posts by Rylin and Sarah.